Thursday, May 13, 2010

A "Strategic" Solution or a "Strategic" Disaster?

Source: patagoniavolunteer
I do not know what to do. As part of president Obama’s administration, I find it really hard to believe that his solution can solve the oil crisis the state is suffering. His plan on spreading the oil and gas drill along the shore will only cause environmental and political effects for us. Environmentalists already consider the government responsible for the effects on the ecosystem. And his plan will only worsen our stance. Who will rely on a system that is not thinking about the ecology and is only thinking about money? I know we are in need of money but discarding our natural resources will only cause us greater harm. Not many agree with Obama but not many stand against him either. And now that I am taking a stand against him, I am afraid the other representatives will look down on me. What am I supposed to do? If we, as part of the government, do not find a solution to the oil crisis the people will blame us for the loss of such valuable resource, but if we take a chance and spread the drilling, the people will blame us for the loss of natural life. President Obama might lose popularity amongst the people. The drilling can cause deaths of those who work in the oil rigs. How many more deaths can the government have in their conscience? What should I do? I can not be against the drilling because it saves the economy, but people will criticize us all over the world. I guess we can decide on a better way to solve the economic issue without splitting families and without killing the natural habitats for our animals. Being part of the government is difficult and requires us to sacrifice some things in order to solve others. For now, what I am sure about is that we are doing everything we can to solve the oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico. The spreading of the oil and gas drills is still to be planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment